….and My Story Runs On….
I like to have themes for my facebook posts and try to stay consistent. Usually on Wednesdays I’ll post about WORKOUT or WALK WEDNESDAY. Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought I’d share some ideas on just taking 15-20 minutes out of your day today or tomorrow to take a Gratitude Walk. Here are some ideas:
- Walk alone if possible and find a peaceful location.
- Go on a walk and contemplate a question about gratitude like: Who do I appreciate? or What is different today than it was a year ago that I’m thankful for? (source: 17 gratitude-prompting questions for your Gratitude Journal). You can just think of these or stop and write in a journal.
- While you are walking, make sure to be present and pay attention Nature around you. Pay attention to all your senses. What are you seeing? What are you smelling? hearing? feeling? Be grateful for all Mother Nature has to offer us.
- Breathe and pause and be grateful for the air you are breathing that is also making your life possible.
- Use affirmations: I thank you for____________ or find some quotes and repeat these like a mantra on your walk.
There is so much research on being grateful. Take some time out of your day daily to express gratitude!
From My Running Story to Yours….
(if you feel inspired to share your comments, do so below…I want to hear your story too!)